Sunday, July 30, 2006

IVTV / Hauppauge

  • Install ivtv:
    • emerge ivtv
    • CONFIG_I2C_AGOBIT: is not set when it should be.
    • CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV: is not set when it should be.
    • CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV: is not set when it should be.
    • CONFIG_I2C: is not set when it should be.
  • Update the kernel
    • genkernel --menuconfig all
    • Device drivers -> generic driver options
      • [ ] Prevent firmware from being built
      • Unchaged: Userspace firmawre loading support
    • <*> I2C support
      • I2C device interface
      • I2C algorithms -> I2C bit banging interfaces
    • Multimedia devices
      • <*> Video For Linux
        • <*> BT848 Video For Linux
        • <*> Add support for additional audio chipsets
        • <*> Add support for additional video chipsets
  • Try ivtv again
    • reboot
    • emerge ivtv
  • Load the module: modprobe ivtv
  • Test ivtv driver: ivtv-detect
  • Try a recording test
    • ivtvctl -u 0x3000
    • ivtvctl -p 4
    • ivtvctl -f width=720,height=480
    • ivtvctl -v input=3,output=1
    • cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg
  • Install mplayer: emerge mplayer
  • Try another recording test
    • ivtv-tune
    • List video inputs: ivtvctl -n
    • Get the current video input: ivtvctl -P
    • Set the current video input: ivtvctl -p
    • Get the current frequency: ivtvctl -R

It's not working exactly the way I want, but I think I remember this happening before, and it still worked ok with mythtv. So I'm going to go on for now.

No comments: