Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm back!

I haven't posted here for quite a while. Life got busy. I got annoyed with my stupid MythTV computer and all its difficulties... Note: eventually those difficulties ironed themselves out and I am now running MythTV quite successfully with Ubuntu as the host. It installed with no problem. I think it had just been long enough since I bought everything that the stupid motherboard and processor were finally supported by more Linux distributions.

My intent for this blog has changed. I don't really need to keep notes on what I'm doing to my computer - because it's working! So I'm going to turn to my new hobby: knitting. :)

I'll post pictures & such of all the stuff I'm working on or have finished. It'll be fun. And I think that the name I picked for the blog (total Over the Rhine reference, by the way) fits better with a blog about the stuff that I'm knitting than it did with my MythTV notes.

So, in honor of my first (new) post, here are some completed project photos:

  • The baby blanket for Sophia. Double stranded Bernat Softee Baby. 3 skeins each of two different dye lots, since there weren't enough of one lot. I can't remember what size needles. Maybe 10.5s?

  • The baby blanket for Kara's new baby whose name I can't remember. About 2/3 each of two Lion Brand Pound Of Love (huge, really huge) skeins. Size 10 needles, I think. It's tough to know for sure because towards the end I (stupid, very stupid) took the needle tips off of my Denise kit. That in itself isn't stupid, but I hadn't been removing the tips up to that point, so I didn't really remember what size of tip I was using. And once I put the tips back in the case, all I really remembered was the general case area where the needles were located. So, maybe size 10, maybe 11, maybe 10.5. Probably 10, as the gauge didn't change too much afterwards. :)

No comments: