Thursday, June 21, 2007

Damaged in transit

I ordered some Peaches & Creme yarn from Elmore-Pigsah. It was recommended in Mason-Dixon Knitting for making baby sweaters, wash-cloths, and such. I tracked my order on the UPS website and was excited to see that it would be delivered yesterday. And I was conveniently at home instead of work when it should be delivered (the result of a visit to the dentist and a numb lip). But the package never came.

I checked the UPS website again. Somehow since I'd checked in the morning, the status had changed from "On Schedule" to "THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS;ALL MERCHANDISE IS BEING RETURNED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE".

Now my yarn is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, when I probably will be at work. Hopefully one of the neighbors will be around to receive the package.

Here's my question: How does a package of yarn get damaged in transit? Did they drop it in a puddle? Run over it with the truck? It seems like, of all the things I could have ordered, yarn should be one of the least likely things to be easily damaged. But maybe that's just impatience speaking.

Anyway - tomorrow should bring yarn. Lots and lots of yarn. Many shades of blue yarn. :)

Update: Boy was I mistaken. My yarn will be delivered today, but not to me. UPS evidently regards returning it to the shipper as delivery. So Elmore-Pigsah should be receiving my yarn (or what's left of it) today. :(

No comments: