Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sock!

I finished my first sock! I even did the Kitchener at the end (much thanks to KnittingHelp.com and the Queen of Sock, who taught my sock class).

I think some photos are in order:
  • The sock on one of my couch pillows. It (the sock) looks kind of big, doesn't it?
  • The sock on my foot. It is pretty big. This might have to be a house-only sock. I don't think it will fit in my shoe... (Ok, I realize that it doesn't look that big in this picture. What you can't see is that it's pretty really stretchy and a much larger foot/leg could fit in there instead.)


Now only one question remains: Am I on my way to becoming like the Queen of Sock? Having finished this one, I'm tempted to move on and try for a better fit. But then this poor lonely sock wouldn't have a friend, and I don't often find a need for a single sock...

2 comments:

brooke t. higgins said...

While your first finished sock is a feat in and of itself, your first finished pair will be cherished forever... trust me. Just think how warm those socks will be come wintertime! (It can't hurt to cast on a new pair in the meantime, though...)

JenBut said...

I've already bought yarn for the next pair - I'm just waiting for some new needles to arrive in the mail...