Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yikes!

I can see that I'm quickly slipping back into the never-posting-anything mode that this blog suffered from for quite a while. So, in the interests of preventing any further slippage, here is a small update.

Somehow, I have gone from being a "one-large-project-at-a-time" knitter to a "too-many-small-projects-to-keep-track-of" knitter. I spent almost a year doing nothing but blankets. Want to know what's on the needles (or stitch holders) right now?
  • Irish Hiking Scarf Reversible Cable Scarf - started on the way to Colorado in February. About 1/3 done. No progress since February.
  • Fingerless gloves - Started sometime this spring. No progress since I realized I wasn't sure how to do the thumb.
  • Cherry Tree Hill socks - Started not too long ago (0k, maybe 2 months, or 3?) Approximately 1 1/2 socks done. This would go faster if I stuck it in my purse, I suspect.
  • Lorna's Laces Jaywalkers - Started more recently than the CTH socks. Making slow progress, because I keep ignoring them for too long and then forgetting the stitch pattern.
  • Mason Dixon Knitting washcloth - Started somewhat recently. 1/4 done.
  • Funny looking hat. Started on a business trip. Tried it on Dad, the intended recipient. It's going to need to be frogged. It just didn't look right. At all.
  • Fuzzy soft lovely gift something - Bought yarn Wednesday. Not started yet.
  • Big huge gift something - Bought yarn Wednesday. Waiting for it to arrive from KnitPicks.
  • Mason Dixon Knitting Baby Kimono - Bought two different types of yarn to try this with. Not started yet.
I'm sure I've forgotten something in there. Probably. The comparison to my old "one-blanket-at-a-time" method is making me feel rather guilty.

No comments: