Sunday, September 02, 2007

Joseph-Beth

Over the Rhine did a free show at Joseph-Beth Booksellers on Thursday. Kristin was in town visiting family, so we met up at the bookstore to watch the show. Erin and Dean and two of their cooking friends came along as well.

It was very crowded at the bookstore. They were having a book signing at the same time, so it was quite nicely packed.

The concert was good. Mostly songs from Trumpet Child. I like the new album, some of the songs quite a lot, but as a whole I think I may like Drunkard's Prayer better. At least so far.

I didn't write down the set list, but they played 5ish songs including Trumpet Child, Orphan Girl (encore), and maybe I Don't Wanna Waste Your Time. They're touring with a bigger band than last time, and had 4 of the 6 there. No Mickey, and the new guitar player wasn't there either. But, really, I don't think they could have fit any more people on the "stage", anyway.

No comments: