Monday, September 24, 2007

My sock is too big...

Here is my sock:

Two sock clubs ago, I decided that my sock was too big. I ripped out the heel and three pattern repeats.

Last sock club, I started the heel again. I guess I must have added in a pattern repeat or two. Because, having finished the heel for the second time, the sock is still too big. It may be growing while I'm ignoring it in favor of the big woolen stripy thing.

I'm feeling stubborn with this sock. At some point in the near future I am going to rip out the heel for the second time (and a few extra pattern repeats for good measure). Here's hoping that if it's still not right after I redo the heel for the third time, it's at least too small instead of too big.

1 comment:

brooke t. higgins said...

It's so frustrating when something so pretty causes so much grief. I applaud your devotion to getting it right. Hopefully the third time is the charm!