Saturday, September 01, 2007

San Francisco, Part 4

Wednesday I took the trolley to Fisherman's Wharf. I forgot to write down which pier the sea lions were on, but it wasn't to hard to find them. Just when I was starting to wonder where they were I started hearing barking. Lots of barking.

One of the sea lions was a little antisocial. He seemed determined to defend his territory from all approachers.


A couple more sea lions were doing their own thing together. Maybe the crowd got to be too much for them.


The rest of the sea lions were very social.


Why are all the sea lions at the pier, you ask? Well, here you go:


Neptune's Palace was right by the sea lions, and Marianne had recommended it, so I had dinner there.


Then I walked around a bit and took a streetcar back to the hotel.


Thursday was shopping and studying for my test on Friday. Not so many pictures, but I did get some cute jeans.

Friday the test was done by 3:30 or so, so I had plenty of time to take a cab back to Fisherman's Wharf for my Segway Tour! The tour was awesome, the guide was great, and the Segway was really fun to drive. I didn't take many pictures because you were supposed to stop your Segway and step off before taking picture. Here are a few, though.

I got a decent shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.


I took a picture of the city from our practice area on a long pier.


The guide took a picture of me. Not the most flattering, but eh. No snarky comments on the helmet or the stylish vest, please. :)


We segwayed up over a hill and down into the Fort Mason area. I don't have a picture, but we stopped outside Greens Restaurant. The tour guide said that it's run by Zen Buddhists who have an organic farm just over the bridge in the Marin Headlands where they produce a lot of the ingredients used at the restaurant. We didn't go inside, and I didn't have a chance to go back, but it smelled incredible. Definitely worth a visit!

After the tour and a little adventure where I left my camera at the tour place and had to rush back to get it before they closed, I had dinner at the Bistro Boudin. It was very good. And they made cute animals out of sourdough bread.


1 comment:

brooke t. higgins said...

I love the sea lions and the segway picture (!) and the turtle bread! It looks like you had a great time.