Monday, August 13, 2007

Big woolly stripey thing, revealed

My baby sister got married this weekend. I intended to make the happy couple a Log Cabin blanket as their gift. Unfortunately, it's taking much longer than expected and will probably continue to take a long time since I start grad school in a couple of weeks. Fortunately, reliable sources tell me that I have up to a year to give a wedding gift.

I had been keeping this project a secret, or at least making an attempt in places where Brecka would see it. However, the happy bride decided that she wanted to see her gift in progress. Which means that I can now share pictures.

Here's a somewhat recent shot. Since this was taken I've added the next dark green stripe and started picking up for a small stripe of burgundy, which will be used as the border color as well after one or two more repeats of the three-color pattern.


2 comments:

brooke t. higgins said...

That blanket looks awesome... you're doing a fantastic job.

JenBut said...

Thanks. Here's hoping the new color doesn't make me want to rip it all apart... :)