Sunday, August 19, 2007

San Francisco

Know what 4+ hours on a plane (plus maybe 1/2 hour waiting to get on the plane) gets you? This:


That's right. A good start on a toe up sock. Admittedly, this is my second start on this sock. But still. I think that's pretty good progress.

There were a few distractions. Turbulence. Snacks (twice, since it was a long flight). A small child kicking the back of my seat. His mother/female (ir)responsible person clipping her (hopefully) fingernails behind me. (Is this allowed? It seems pretty disgusting to me, particularly in such a small space with so many people next to you.) Stuff like that.

But, now I'm finally in San Francisco, hooray! I hear there are some good yarn stores here. :)

Sock details: KnitPicks Felici yarn (Arugula colorway). KnitPicks 2.5mm circular needle. Yarn over Cable pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks (p 39-43). I'm doing this as magic loop, which so far means working the sole on 1 "needle" and the rest on the other. I'm pretty much following the directions for using 4 dpns, just replacing the 2nd & 3rd needles with the other half of my circular and putting a stitch marker in between. Just like the Queen of Sock taught me. :)

1 comment:

brooke t. higgins said...

Hey, you go, girl. The sock looks great. :) Have a super week in San Francisco!